Sunday, December 20, 2009

Donations and thank yous

Donations

If you would like to make a donation, a PayPal account has been set up in the name of Eleanor Lorden (dreamscapeacres@yahoo.ca). If you'd rather mail a cheque, please email me for the address.


Thank you!

A very big thank you to Celine at Forest Lane Horse Stables, Jen at Aspen Creek Stables, and Christine at Forever Green Stables, Trevor in Crysler, and Kirk and Lorraine in Casselman. All have taken one, two or three horses or cows to live at their farms until we can rebuild.

Thank you very much, too, to those strangers, friends and family members who made financial contributions. Every penny will go towards the new barn and continuing our horse rescue efforts.

Thank you, too, to the Ottawa Sun for featuring us in an article in Thursday's paper, Ottawa Citizen (online news), the Jewel 107.7's Drive Home commentary, and to CTV's Karen Solomon (and the nice camera man, John) for filming a story on us for today's 6 pm news on CJOH.

A special thank you goes out to Horse World for their generous offer to replace the essentials and to set up a donation box for other items.

1 comment:

OneDandyHorse said...

So sorry that you guys suffered a fire... I'm always looking for horses to rehab and take under my wing.
Just this spring, we have adopted and rehabilitated successfully two Standardbred ex pacers (Peg and Pearl). Both are fairly old and still live on our farm. I also have one horse that I bought before it went to auction (Dandy) and that I have trained entirely by myself, Dandy was unhandled when I bought her as a 2 y-o.

My sister has recently acquired a foal that she had bought in utero, he is a purebred Canadien colt from very good lineage. He is now over 6 months of age and at quite an ackward stage. If you want to see my blog it is at:
http://myhorsesdandypearlpeg.blogspot.com/

Horses are my passion and my dream was to own a horse, which I realized almost 2 years ago. I now have smaller objectives to accomplish in my life with my horses. Feel free to send me information about new horses when you get back on your feet. I live in the Ottawa region.